The race is being held at Ashland State Park, Ashland MA. Ashland State Park is located on Rt. 135 in Ashland MA. Enter ’162 West Union St. Ashland MA’ into your GPS for easy tracking. The race circles the reservoir – map inserted below.
Ample free parking
Bathrooms will be available
Saturday, June 7th 2014. The race starts promptly @ 8:00 am
Park Gates Open: 7:00 am
Race Number Pickup: 7-7:45am
*** Race Start Time: 8:00am ***
Are you looking for the perfect trail race to highlight your 2014 season?! Well, look no further…you have found it!
Please join us for our second year putting on this great event! 100% of the proceeds go to charity! This is a great course. Novice runners will find it challenging but not too dangerous while more experienced runners will find it just right with many sections to open it up and enjoy some speed! There are 2 distances to choose from - a 5K and a 10K. The 10K simply runs 2 loops on the 5K course.
- Ca$h for breaking the course record ($100/record!)
- All proceeds to charity – we don’t make a dime
- Unique medals for top finishers
- Custom pint glasses for ALL finishers
5K Male - Steve Levandosky 21:14
5K Female – Amanda Watters 24:43
10K Male - Callum Gow 45:03
10K Female – Stephanie DeYoung 51:56
- $100 cash prize to any runner setting a new record!
- This is a great course! Novice runners will find it challenging but not too dangerous while more experienced runners will find it just right with many sections to really open it up and enjoy some speed! There are 2 distances being run – a 5K and a 10K. The 10K simply runs 2 loops on the 5K course.
- The course starts on pavement and continues on a paved flat park road for roughly 1/4 mile before switching to double track trails. After a short section of a steep-ish loose descent, you’ll be greeted with a flat straight away across the aqueduct as you approach a single lane narrow short bridge marking mile 1. For the next mile, you get to enjoy classic NE trail running…smooth up/downs, fun natural features to navigate…etc. At mile 2, you have a short section through a parking lot (water station here), and you re-enter the woods for the final mile. The final mile is similar to the second mile but not as technical. Exiting the woods just shy of 3 miles, you have an uphill sprint to the finish line. Have fun!
- Start/Finish Markers in Yellow
- Red circles indicate mile markers (water here)
- 5K loop course is in purple
- 10K runners do 2 loops – connected by green dots
Water will be available at roughly each mile marker.
Medals & Awards
- Custom pint glasses to each finisher!
- Unique carved medals to top finishers
- Free pair of Inov-8 shoes to winners
- $100 cash bonus to anyone breaking a course record (see above)
All proceeds go to the Boston Children’s Hospital League.
The Children’s Hospital League’s mission is to raise funds to provide hope, miracles and health to children and their families. The league supports important patient services, medical research, capital improvements and promotes community awareness for the hospital.
Everyday, the Children’s Hospital League is improving and enhancing the lives of children dealing with the unimaginable stress of hospitalization. More than 500 strong, Children’s Hospital League members are ambassadors and fundraisers for Children’s Hospital Boston – one of the world’s premier pediatric care and research centers.
Over time, League support has broadened to include vital hospital programs such as research and medical education. Through fundraising events, charitable giving and volunteer work, the League has donated more than $14 million to the hospital since its inception in 1975.
Race Director – Jerry Hughes email@example.com 774.278.0495
Please Support our Sponsors